9.06.2008

Taking Care of Business!

I usually don't post on the weekends, but I am leaving for vacation on Monday and didn't want this to wait until after I got back.   I have a few little things to report, so bear with me!

First of all, I have been tagged by new every morning.  Thank you for the tag!  I get to share six more unique things about myself...not sure that there are six unique things about me, but I will give it a shot!

1. We have a yellow Labradoodle (mix between a lab and a poodle) named Frankie.  He is named after the restaurant where my husband proposed to me, called Frankie Rowland's.
2. I love football.  I am so excited that the new football season is here!  I am a third generation Cleveland Browns fan; my dad was born and raised in Cleveland and I had no choice!
3. Before Nina was born, we had to negotiate which sports teams we would teach her to follow.  I claimed the Browns, and my husband got, well, pretty much everything else.
4. I played on the high school tennis team for four years...and and probably haven't played in the past six years, since I tried to teach my husband and sprained my ankle in the process!
5. Once, through a series of strange events, I met the band Counting Crows, and ended up going out with them after one of their concerts in Cincinnati.  I felt cool for about two days.
6. I am not really a chocolate fan.  Given the choice, I would take something salty over sweet any day!  :)

Next, I have been very lucky to meet so many nice people through blogging, and a few of them have been kind enough to share some awards with me.  Thank you!

Thanks to mamajil at M is for Mommy, for this award:  


Thank you to Les at Our Complete Family for this:

And thanks to Lisa at What Have I Done for this award:


At the risk of committing some major blog faux-pas (and someone please tell me if I am, I really want to know!), I am going to simply direct you back to these lovely ladies' blogs.  They are so great and I have really enjoyed getting to know them.  This is an amazing community!


12 comments:

Rae said...

Congrats on all of your awards!!

Wow! The Counting Crows! How fun!! DK and I played tennis every Monday night before we had kids. It was so fun. Of course he always won. That wasn't so much fun!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Congrats!!

I agree, this is an incredible community and so glad that I came out of lurk mode to start my own blog!

Didn't know you had a Labradoodle....I love those dogs, they are so cute!

You only felt cool for two days after hanging with the counting crows? I think I would have been bragging about that one for at least a month!!!

Have a wonderful vacation!

Lisa

Mrs. Gray's Class said...

Congrats - have a wonderful vacation. We have a lot in common - except for the chocolate part which I didn't even like until I got pregnant, now I maybe addicted.

Rue said...

Good morning Carrie :)

I hope you don't mind me coming back to visit after Fall week, but I really enjoyed your blog.

Congratulations on your awards! Have fun on your vacation :)

rue

Shell in your Pocket said...

Congrats on your award! What fun information about you! I love your blog !

-Have a wonderful vacation! I will miss your postings this week!

Jodee said...

Congrats on your awards!

I think Labradoodles are so cute! It may be the only breed my hubby and I could ever agree on!

I can't believe you don't like chocolate!

Harbor Hon said...

Carrie, have a wonderful vacation and thank you for coming over to vist and comment on my blog.

Congratulations on those lovely awards.

Nice getting to know you better. xxoo

Mamajil said...

Have a wonderful vacation!!!

Whitney said...

Oh fun awards! Good job, you. :) Have a great time on your vacation! :)

Jboo said...

Have a great vacation! Love your blog!

Janet

Joy said...

Congratulations on your many awards!

Your baby girl's room is sooo darling!

Hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Shannon said...

My husband and I are originally from Ohio, as are both of our families- who are all huge Browns fans. Even though we are not (Brown's fans), we try hard to redeem ourselves through the fact that we're both HUGE Buckeye fans ( :