12.03.2010

I'm Back!

Hi everyone!

Long time, no see. How have you been? I hope your Thanksgiving was a good one! How have I been, you ask? Let me show you. I've been staring at this:

Yep, those are boxes. Yep, we moved. Again.

About six weeks ago we decided that a move was in the best interest of our family. It happened rather fast, and right before Thanksgiving we moved from the gorgeous 1930s Spanish Colonial (quite frankly, the more beautiful house I will ever live in!) to this:

It's a sweet and humble 1950s ranch in Lafayette, California. While I miss those stunning hardwood floors and amazing view in the old house, I can't deny that there are certain perks to this new place. Namely, this tree in our new backyard, which is just begging for a tire swing:

It's been an interesting ride so far. We did most of the move ourselves since it was only a distance of ten miles. Lots of sore muscles, all in the name of saving some money! However, our poor dog has no idea where he lives, and sometimes I wonder if the kids do either. (For instance, today Nina asked me if she could play in the basement. I had to remind her that we no longer have one. Hmm...)

I believe, though, that this was a good decision for our family. I am feeling remarkably settled, considering how much upheaval we have had in the past few months! And I've already been working on some house projects that I can't wait to show you.

I hope you all have a great weekend. I'll be back next week with some new material, and can't wait to reconnect!


24 comments:

Windy said...

Oh, Carrie! What a wild ride you have been on! I hope you are soon settled and find some great friends for yourself and the children :) Can't wait to see what you'll do with this house!

Jodee said...

Welcome back! I can't wait to see your projects next week!

MegJill said...

You can make any house look beautiful!!!
Sorry you had to move again, but can't wait to see how you arrange things and set up house in the new place!
Good luck with those boxes. :)

duchess said...

How exciting. Can't wait to see how this one comes along. Glad to have you back.

Marla said...

Wishing you the best with the recent move...and i am looking forward the the beautiful rooms you will create!

Valley Art Project said...

Change is a part of life and you seem to be a real "trooper". I am sure in no time you will have this place looking like a fabulous home.

Heidi @ Everyday Families said...

I am so glad that you are back and that things are going better for you! You have an amazing ability to create beauty, and I'm sure you will in your new place1 And I'm very jealous of your gorgeous back yard!

Shilo said...

At the risk of sounding totally freaking, I will tell you that as I was getting ready this morning I thought of you and planned to drop you a note and say, "praying for you!", so it was super cool to see your post. And wow...a move! That is big. Glad you are starting to feel settled...for me having the holidays in a new home always helps to solidify that feeling of "home". All the best this Christmas season!
Blessings,
Shilo

Shilo said...

oops...I meant freaky not freaking! :) But that will do too!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I was just thinking of you - glad you are well! Welcome back!

Taylor Aplanalp said...

You will love Lafayette! I grew up there in a part that we call Burton Valley:) I now live in Danville, Ca but my parents and my brother's family all live in Lafayette. If you need anything or need places to eat, shop, etc. feel free to email me:) You will be so glad that you moved there-it is such a family friendly town and place to raise your children. Good Luck!
Stacey

saaplanalp@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

YAY!! Welcome back. We "missed" you so much! Can't wait to watch the transformation of your new abode.

Jessica said...

Oh my, Carrie! You guys sure have been busy. I'm happy to hear that the move is best for your family though - what wonderful news. Can't wait to see what you have in store next!

Anonymous said...

So glad all is well and you are back! Love your style so can't wait to see what you've been up to.
Happy Holidays!!!!

Happiness Is... said...

Oh my goodness! What a busy time of year! Glad everything went well and that you're feeling good about it - I am sure the new place will be just as adorable!

Angie said...

Wow! You poor thing! Two moves in two months! I hope you and your family get settled into your new home soon!

You are right that beautiful tree is looking for a tire swing! Your new house looks cute, I can't wait to see the projects that you do!!

Catherine said...

WOW! That must have been stressful! Lafayette is a great choice though! We have family there. I know you will love it! Have you had breakfast at the Squirrels yet?

Robin said...

I know you will do great things with this house! Can't wait to see.


Blessings,
Robin

The Starr Family said...

Hooray!! I was so excited to see the title of your post, happy you are back!

Then my jaw dropped and my heart felt for you when I saw those boxes... I must say, you are one strong cookie! Nothing will faze you after all this! Life is definitely an adventure!

Miss E said...

Oh my goodness, another move!? I'm glad you are getting settled (again) and that you are back! Can't wait to see more of this new house!

Jboo said...

Lovely yard and you're right -- that tree needs a swing!

Janet

Julie H said...

Looks like a great place for a family with that nice big yard!

Joy said...

This reminds me of our move several years ago from Atlanta to the Bay Area. We changes gears and houses a couple of different times. It is a very different and challenging world out there. We ended up falling in love with the area. Hang in there!!!

Lisa & Gerald said...

Welcome back..Glad to see your new posts...