12.21.2010

My Christmas Advent Calendar

If you've been around here for awhile, you know all about my Christmas advent calendar. I made it a few years ago, back when Nina was a toddler and Henry wasn't even born yet!

Now that I have two kiddos, it's proven to be a great tradition for our family! The boxes are cardboard, with scrapbook paper on the lids. They are a great size to stash little goodies for each day. This year I'm using little chocolate coins from Trader Joe's. The boxes have magnets on the back so they can stick to the metal sheet that I framed and painted black.

Anyway, enough blabbing, Carrie! I wrote a detailed tutorial on how I made this, so if you're interested, just follow the link for more info.

I hope you have a great Christmas week!


5 comments:

Jodee said...

I love, love, love your advent calendar! It's such a fun tradition too!

Christy said...

I saw your calendar on Thrifty Decor Chick's blog last year and wanted to make it then but ever got around to it. This year I finally made one remembering your idea and a muffin tin idea as well. My kids are loving it! Thanks for the inspiration!

Chrystie said...

Really cute idea! I plan to copy it for next years use! Thanks! :)

Desiree said...

My friend and I used your idea and made our own Advent calender this year. we actually modge-podged scrapbook paper to the sides of the box as well. made for quite a project but it was worth it! we put squinkees and santa chocolates in it for my 5 year old daughter this year. She loved it! Next year she'll have to share it with her baby sister.
-Desiree

pam said...

I am just now getting around to reading past blogs and posts. I love this idea! I think I will make one for my family.
Have a great year!