12.08.2010

Birdie Brigade

I promised I would share more with you about this sweet little birdcage that I put together for Nina's room.

First of all, I picked up the cage itself from a church rummage sale months ago. I think it was $1. Then I got the little nest at Hobby Lobby (maybe $3?), and the blue eggs from TJ Maxx on clearance ($4?). The birdcage is hanging from a simple hook in the ceiling, using a ribbon I had in my stash.

Most importantly, the birdies themselves! Aren't they precious? I got them on Etsy from Megan at My Sweet Pumpkin. She custom sewed Nina's name on each of them, and even went out of her way to find the exact colors I asked for: pale pink, pale yellow and sage green. I think I paid $5 or $6 for each of them. Totally worth it!

I wanted to hang something in the corner of Nina's room to give it more dimension. (Check out my last post if you want to see her whole room put together!) The birdcage is perched high enough so we can enjoy looking at it, but little hands can't grab it. Gotta have a strategy with 22-month-old Hurricane Henry lurking around! :)

I'll be back on Friday to tell you about the desk in the other corner of the room. Have a great day!


10 comments:

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

The birds are so darling! Especially with the personalization!

SJ said...

Such a cute idea! And let me just say I'm so glad you are back!

Serah said...

I'm so glad you're back, too! You're one of my favorite bloggers! The bird cage is simply precious for a little girl's room. If it was in my son's room, however, it would be housing lego figures and army men!

Heidi @ Everyday Families said...

Beautiful - I'd love to try that sometime . . . you have such a way with making it all come together.

Happiness Is... said...

So cute and creative, as always!

Anonymous said...

What a unique idea. Know that she will enjoyed this in her room... Don't you just love the things you can find on etsy - such a great way to find creative people.

Sarah said...

Oh, I'm so happy to see you are back! Nina's room...so cute! We are going to move Anna Claire into a "big girl bed" after the first of the year and I've been looking for a paint color that isn't too crazy pink--I'll have to check this out in the store.

Thanks for the congrats! We will definitely be finding out what the baby is; we are both too nosy and controlling to not know :) And yes, even though I've been feeling sick, it's a GREAT sign!

Val said...

Super adorable!!!

Lisa & Gerald said...

too cute.....Love it..

Jessica said...

You did a wonderful job with that! I love how you can piece things together so beautifully from little thises and thats. Great job, Carrie!