**I want to give a shout out to Naturally Caffeinated Family for giving me an award today! Wow, I am so excited and am definitely feeling the love! Be sure to head over and visit her lovely blog...it is a good one! Also a big thanks to The Undomesticated Wife (don't you love that name?) for a sweet award as well! I am overwhelmed! Two amazing bloggers think I am nice. :) I am thrilled!
Hi everyone! I have lots to say today, and a little project to show you. First of all, thanks to those of you who have given me awards in the past few weeks. I have not forgotten about you, or the honor that you think my blog is worthy of being talked about at all! Thank you to the following blog friends:
Brie from My Home-My Life for the "I Heart Your Blog" award
AngiDe from Nana's Box for the "Brilliant Weblog" award
Sandy from Shell In Your Pocket for the "BFF Gold Card" award
Lulu from The Dirty Martini Diaries for "The Smile"award
Sebi from Pearls and Grace for the "Brilliant Weblog" award
Christy from Between Here and Home for "The Smile" award
I totally should have posted about these as I was given them, but I am not that organized, and for that I am sorry! But that doesn't mean that I am not oh-so-appreciative to these wonderful women for sharing the love with me. I can honestly say that I have thoroughly enjoyed each of their blogs. It makes me sad that this community will remain mostly "inside the computer" because I know I would love to have a cozy cup of coffee or a nice glass of wine with each of you! As it is, please take the time to visit these ladies' blogs. You won't be sorry!
Next, I was tagged a few weeks ago by Amanda from Baby Makes 5. I am supposed to share seven random or weird things about myself. You would think this would be easy because I am definitely random and weird. Here we go!
1. I have to put chapstick on before bed. Can't sleep without it.
2. I cannot stand overhead lighting. I will follow my family around and turn off lights behind them. They love it.
3. I always gag when I brush my teeth. It's really charming.
4. Ironically, though I gag when brushing my teeth, I can't throw up. I recently spent two days with the stomach flu, trying to throw up just to get some relief...doesn't work.
5. If I ride in the car for more than half an hour I will fall asleep, day or night, but I can't take naps in my own bed. I guess I can't slow down enough when I am home.
6. I hate mushrooms. My grandfather used to say they tasted like ears. I agree.
7. I will still buy those blow pops with the gum in the middle whenever I go to a gas station. I love them!
Lastly, I want to show you a little project that I have been working on for awhile. I truly hope that Marie from Watch the Wind Blow By believes that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Ever since I saw this post on her cute little vintage Halloween pillows, I have been using my glue gun and pitiful little sewing box to make some of my own. Oh, who are we kidding? I shamelessly copied her pillows! But they are finally done and I just love how they turned out. Plus, since they are made of nothing but pieces of felt, a little pillow stuffing, and my own blood, sweat and tears (Yes, I burned myself on the glue gun again. And poked my finger with a needle.), they are very inexpensive to make! OK, enough drama. Here they are!
I am not sure how long they will last living in a house with Nina, who loves to put everything in sight down for a nap. Dolls, pumpkin pillows, her pretend Elmo phone...they all have to have "sleepytimes" and she drags them around the house looking for the perfect nap spot. But for now, I love these little vintage-y guys and they are the perfect little blast of fall color in my house!