10.09.2008

Awards, a Tag and "Vintage" Pillows

**I want to give a shout out to Naturally Caffeinated Family for giving me an award today!  Wow, I am so excited and am definitely feeling the love!  Be sure to head over and visit her lovely blog...it is a good one!  Also a big thanks to The Undomesticated Wife (don't you love that name?) for a sweet award as well!  I am overwhelmed!  Two amazing bloggers think I am nice.  :)  I am thrilled!  

Hi everyone!  I have lots to say today, and a little project to show you.  First of all, thanks to those of you who have given me awards in the past few weeks.  I have not forgotten about you, or the honor that you think my blog is worthy of being talked about at all!  Thank you to the following blog friends:

Brie from My Home-My Life for the "I Heart Your Blog" award
AngiDe from Nana's Box for the "Brilliant Weblog" award
Sandy from Shell In Your Pocket for the "BFF Gold Card" award
Lulu from The Dirty Martini Diaries for "The Smile"award
Sebi from Pearls and Grace for the "Brilliant Weblog" award
Christy from Between Here and Home for "The Smile" award

I totally should have posted about these as I was given them, but I am not that organized, and for that I am sorry!  But that doesn't mean that I am not oh-so-appreciative to these wonderful women for sharing the love with me.  I can honestly say that I have thoroughly enjoyed each of their blogs.  It makes me sad that this community will remain mostly "inside the computer" because I know I would love to have a cozy cup of coffee or a nice glass of wine with each of you!  As it is, please take the time to visit these ladies' blogs.  You won't be sorry!

Next, I was tagged a few weeks ago by Amanda from Baby Makes 5.  I am supposed to share seven random or weird things about myself.  You would think this would be easy because I am definitely random and weird.  Here we go!

1. I have to put chapstick on before bed.  Can't sleep without it.
2. I cannot stand overhead lighting.  I will follow my family around and turn off lights behind them.  They love it.
3. I always gag when I brush my teeth.  It's really charming.
4. Ironically, though I gag when brushing my teeth, I can't throw up.  I recently spent two days with the stomach flu, trying to throw up just to get some relief...doesn't work.
5. If I ride in the car for more than half an hour I will fall asleep, day or night, but I can't take naps in my own bed.  I guess I can't slow down enough when I am home.
6. I hate mushrooms.  My grandfather used to say they tasted like ears.  I agree.
7. I will still buy those blow pops with the gum in the middle whenever I go to a gas station.  I love them! 

Lastly, I want to show you a little project that I have been working on for awhile.  I truly hope that Marie from Watch the Wind Blow By believes that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.  Ever since I saw this post on her cute little vintage Halloween pillows, I have been using my glue gun and pitiful little sewing box to make some of my own.  Oh, who are we kidding?  I shamelessly copied her pillows!  But they are finally done and I just love how they turned out.  Plus, since they are made of nothing but pieces of felt, a little pillow stuffing, and my own blood, sweat and tears (Yes, I burned myself on the glue gun again.  And poked my finger with a needle.), they are very inexpensive to make!  OK, enough drama.  Here they are!

I am not sure how long they will last living in a house with Nina, who loves to put everything in sight down for a nap.  Dolls, pumpkin pillows, her pretend Elmo phone...they all have to have "sleepytimes" and she drags them around the house looking for the perfect nap spot.  But for now, I love these little vintage-y guys and they are the perfect little blast of fall color in my house!



39 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

I just cracked up when I saw the "gag" at brushing teeth..I posted a long time ago that I "gag" all the time...brushing teeth but mostly if someone licks their fingers...ahhh!
I am off to visit some of these blogs you mentioned! How Fun!
Sandy Toes
p.s. I am glad that you think copying is the greatest form of flattery...smile!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Those pillows are adorable!!!

Sarah would be all over them too!

It's always great to learn more about my favorite bloggers....great 7 things!

Lisa

Rae said...

Congratulations on your fabulous and well deserved awards! I can't go to bed without chapstick too! Unlike you, I can take a nap in my bed at any given notice...which isn't necessarily a good thing!

Wendy said...

Congratulations on all your awards! What a popular lady!!! And I know why! You're very talented...cute pillows!!

Angie said...

I love the pillows, they are so cute!!

AngiDe said...

Hey, thanks for the shout out! And congrat's on all your fabulous awards!

Angie
www.nanasboxnonprofit.blogspot.com

P.S. we have something in common... I can't go to bed w/o putting on chapstick either! =)

the undomesticated wife said...

I love the pillows!!!! Love love love!

I also have to put on lip balm of some sort before bed! I'm weird too! ;)

Anonymous said...

I must have chapstick on before bed too and pretty much all the time for that matter. I hate having dry lips!

Congrats on all of your awards!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I like the pillows.
I also gag when brushing my teeth! (I hate the taste of toothpaste, but now like the cinnamon ones, so I don't gag nearly as much anymore...)

Unknown said...

Cute pillows!

Jboo said...

Oh my gosh -- adorable pillows! No wonder Nina drags them around --they are too cute to leave alone.

Janet

Sweet Simplicity said...

That pumpkin pillow is adorable!

Christy said...

Congrats on ALL those awards. Your blog is awesome!

I too, have to wear chapstick before going to bed and I also gag when brushing my teeth. Why is that?

Darlene said...

Congratulations on all your awards...you deserve them...great blog!!

Oh that is funny cause I gag too when I brush my teeth....I thought I was just weird!!

Those pillows are FABULOUS!! Great job of flattering Marie. They seem easy enough I might have to flatter both of you! CUTE, cute!!

Anonymous said...

just came across your blog and boy am i glad i did! congrats on your awards - i can see why you received them. you have talent! cute pillows, that's my kind of sewing. thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I'm new to your blog and I love it! It's too cute!

Congratulations on all of your awards!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on all of your awards! I love your new prioject! I can't wait to go look around at those blogs! Have a happy day!

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Congratulations on your awards. Great pillows too. They are sooooo cute. I am loving all this halloween decor and projects...it is sooooo fun.
Great blogm
Debbie

Davene said...

First of all, I want to thank you for the comments you've left recently on my blog; they were especially encouraging since I was going through a bit of a "dry spell." Thank you!!!

I'm not at all surprised about the awards you've been given. Your blog truly is a place of beauty and refreshment, and that's wonderful! Well done!

I don't know how you do it all though. You must be blessed with an abundance of natural energy. :)

Thanks for being such an inspiration!

AndreaLeigh said...

Thanks for the suggestion on how to hang the fruit basket. I'm going to try that! I had to laugh when I read you must put on chapstick before bed. I do this, too! I have about 10 tubs of lip balm all over my house.

Weeksie50 said...

Those pillows are way to stinkin' cute..

jennykate77 said...

Congrats on all the blog awards! You totally deserve them...I love your blog! The random things crack me up...the chapstick before bed makes me think of my mom, who can't go to sleep without Vicks rubbed on her...my dh prays everyday that I don't inherit that. Lastly, the pillows are precious! I too think that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! Off to read some blogs!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Congrats on the awards! I left you one too! Cute list! I gag when brushing my teeth when I'm pregnant!

Anonymous said...

too funny with the gagging

love the pillows..got my hot gun out!

Sarah

the undomesticated wife said...

Boy, you're raking in the awards! I just gave you one too! Come "pick it up" when you get a chance. You've already listed things about yourself, so I suppose you can skip that part. ;)

sweetfunkyvintage said...

I, too, hate mushrooms and I think the description that they taste like ears is perfect!
Love those pillows! Must make some!
missy

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for sharing.
Through your blog, a lot of people including me of course have a chance to read and learn from.
I have read some of your post and I really enjoyed reading it.
Thanks again and looking forward for more of your posting soon!

Elise said...

Those are too cute!! I was laughing at the gagging and throwing up bit!!
Elise

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

How's bout a blow pop party. We could all buy a blow pop and post funny pictures of us enjoying them.

Wouldn't that be comical???

Lacy said...

Lovin the cute pillows and thanks so much for your recent visits to my blog. You are precious. I am going to add you to my link list if you dont mind. Il be back very soon!

Stephanie said...

I love, love, love your blog! You have fun decorating ideas that don't break the bank, or need a degree in design! Your house tour on Tuesday is so much fun! I just started a blog and added you to my favorites list! Have a great day!
Stephanie

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Ooh my goodness!!! Great job on the pillows. I don't know why, but I've gone absolutely ga-ga over vintage Halloween this year. I also LOVED reading about how your little cupcake loves the pillows too! : )
Mary Lou

Jodee said...

Simply adorable!

I enjoyed reading your list! I hate mushrooms too!

the undomesticated wife said...

I was driving at lunch yesterday thinking about these pillows and how I can make some. I have some ideas I need to sketch out!

There's just not enough time in the day.

Our Complete Family said...

Loved reading your 7 things. Funny and true!!! I do some of the same things!!! Congrats on your awards hun. And the pillows? They turned out great!!! xo, Les

Marie said...

Ohmygosh! I am SO FLATTERED! I love how your pillows turned out. They are waaaay better than mine. I dragged my husband in here to look at yours and he agrees. lol

I laughed when I read you gagged when brushing your teeth and almost fell outta my chair reading how so many others do too! I gag too!lmao It started when I was pregnant the first time and it never went away. I think about how weird that is twice a day when I'm brushing. Apparently it's not so weird?? ;o)

princessmimi said...

Your pillows are really cute and...I also fall asleep in the car (my husband hates that I never "keep him company" on the long rides). I am glad I came upon your blog!

Shannon said...

I am so with you on #1 and #3. Everytime! :)

LOVE the pillows!! So cute!

Monogramchick said...

What a fun list, so good to get to know a little more about you. Congrats on the awards, you deserve them!