8.30.2010

From the Road

Hi all!

Well, we are officially on our way to California. Thank you all SO much for your kind wishes, prayers and comments! I won't lie: it's been a rough couple of weeks. I know you all know what I am talking about. Lots of sleepless nights, bickering, and crankiness. And I am not even talking about the kids.

We have had many "picnics" in our empty family room, with boxes as picnic blankets.

And I don't think that you've lived until you've seen the entire contents of your life, in boxes, on your driveway.

But luckily all that is behind us. We have been on the road for two days now, and we have another full day of driving before we pull into the San Francisco Bay area on Wednesday.

Before I bore you with more photos of us in sub-par hotels and McDonald's play areas, I thought I might show you a few projects that I worked on before we packed up and moved out of Colorado. So, stay tuned over the next few weeks for those posts! And I can't wait to show you our new house in California!

Once I actually locate the camera, that is.


12 comments:

Happiness Is... said...

Your kids are SO cute. I can't believe how big they've gotten...I started reading right when you had your son. Crazy. Good luck with the move! We just moved this weekend so I know what you mean when you mention the crankiness :)

Connie said...

Looks just like our house when we moved here 5 years ago, only more boxes were in our driveway, sugar! Yes, I'd love to see your house in California. It'll make me homesick for my kids....Waaaaaa....
xoxo,
Connie

Jodee said...

I can't even imagine the stress you are going through. Hang in there! You are on a wild ride!

duchess said...

Glad you're on the road & hopefully the rest of the journey will be less stressful. Can't wait to see the new digs & when moving it's always important to know exactly where the camera, computer & coffee maker are at all times.
Safe travels.

Unknown said...

Good luck on the move. I can't wait to see what you do once you get there.

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

Hopefully you can get some good sleep once you arrive in California and the excitement and craziness of the move won't bee too stressful!!! thinking of you and so excited to see your new place in CA :)

Miss E said...

I can't imagine the stress and excitement you all must be feeling! What an adventure. Can't wait to hear more once you're settled!

Jboo said...

Good luck with the move!

Janet

Kristin said...

Good luck on your travels.

Unknown said...

Good luck with your move. I'll be in your shoes in less than two months, but at least we're just moving in state.

Nancy

asnipofgoodness said...

It is crazy to see everything you own packed up isn't it????

Can't wait to see your new digs. Setting up house is so much fun!

Unknown said...

So excited for the next adventure in your life :) Kids are SO flippin' cute. I can't even stand it! Hope you find your camera quickly!