6.01.2010

My $10 Chair

Sometimes I find bargains in the unlikeliest of places. I had sold some of my old work clothes to a women's clothing consignment shop, and was on my way out their door after dropping them off. This chair was sitting underneath a pile of stuff. Marked $20, with 50% off!

It was in great shape, and I loved the color. Unfortunately, whoever had painted it must have run out of paint, so it looked kind of unfinished. I just whipped out my usual white paint (Behr's "Country Dairy") and popped in a movie to paint to while the kids were asleep.

I guess my lesson is that you never know where the bargains will come from! Keep your eyes peeled, especially now that it's summer garage sale season. Your next project could be just around the corner!

And I am sure your husband won't mind you hauling home more junk to store in the garage. :)


11 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks great! This made me laugh because my husband is always saying "don't bring any more junk into this house".......it's not junk, it's treasure!

Have a great day,
Lindsay

Courtney said...

Cute chair. I love searching garage sales for great stuff.

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

What a great chair! Such a fun find! :) It looks perfect in the bedroom there, too!
Blessings,
Stacey

Desiree said...

It's amazing what people will get rid of it, isn't it? I can't wait to hit some garage sales this summer.

-Desiree

Jboo said...

Wow -- that turned out beautiful! Love it!!

Janet

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

I really love your chair! I'm always on the look out for cute things--mostly when my husband's not with me because he says things like, "And how many chairs do you already have in the garage??" Bummer!

Jill said...

You crack me up!! I love it!!
When I tell my husband I might just swing by goodwill after the errands, he gives me the look. The "don't buy it if its any bigger then a book" look. He would have loved another chair...ha

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Sweet find! Yes it's true, we "thrifters" have to keep a constant eye out for those unexpected tresures.

Thanks for sharing.

jewelrybyrebecca said...

very nice!
Here's an idea for the next bargain chair you find...
http://jewelrymama.blogspot.com/2009/05/have-seat.html

Christina said...

I love it. Bargains are certainly to be had in the chair department. Love the rush (I think that is what it is called) seat bottom. I passed up a $4.00 chair today at GW and I'm kicking myself now. My hubby will be glad that I didn't add to my chair collection.

Love all of your faux foliage. My green thumb does not extend to indoor plants, so I too have many fake greenery.

Valley Art Project said...

Nice! What a beautiful desk!