Happy Monday to you! I am belated in getting Thank Yous out to the following people for these awards!
- Heidi Boos gave me a lovely lovely "Butterfly Award"!
- Nicole from The Graves' House gave me the "Superior Scribbler Award"!
- Vintage Girl at Heart gave me the "Kreativ Blogger Award"!
- JennyKate gave me the "Christmas Spirit Award"!
- Ruby Red Slippers passed along the "Blog Friends Award" and I just love what she said on her blog about how unexpected it is to be friends with all these people through blogging, that she never thought it would happen, but it did! I couldn't agree more!
Next, Princess Mimi tagged me to participate in "Five Big, Tall Christmas Wishes to Change the World." Phew! That's a tall order! Not sure I even know what to wish for to change the entire world, but maybe just my little corner of it.
1. I wish for my daughter and unborn baby to grow into kind, confident, and God-loving people.
2. I wish to model to my kids how to have and be a real friend. My mom modeled this for me, and I think it's why I have such strong friendships today.
3. I always pray that my daughter (and my other children who I don't know yet!) will find a spouse who loves her even more than her father loves her. I can't think of a man who loves her more in the world, so this standard is pretty high!
4. I wish for a childhood for my kids where they feel safe, loved, and part of a huge community of people who love them.
5. I wish for years upon years upon years to spend with my husband. That we will get to be empty nesters and parents of the bride and grandparents and old farts together.
Thanks to Andrea Leigh for a fun award called "Your Blog is Fabulous." It asks me to list five of my addictions, which should be easy! I am going to make this a Christmas-themed list!
1. I am totally addicted to Starbucks Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate with a shot of Espresso. Oh My Gosh. You just have to try it to know the goodness!
2. My favorite Christmas movie, which I have to watch at least a few times each season: "White Christmas." My sister and I sing that song (appropriately named "Sisters") whenever the mood strikes throughout the year.
3. My favorite Christmas song. It has to be, without a doubt, "The Christmas Song" by Nat King Cole. I tear up when I hear it for the first time every Christmas season. Here's a picture of Nat King Cole...and by the way, it has to be his version of the song! No Top 40 Remake for this one!
4. Looking at Christmas lights at night. My mom tells me I was always enthralled by the lights as a kid. I still am! We still have to take a nighttime drive through the neighborhood with some hot chocolate to see them all!
5. The way you feel when you wake up Christmas morning, still lying in bed before you get up and start the madness. I just lie there for a few minutes and take it all in. I love the anticipation!
OK, so if you are still reading this, please tell me what your Christmas addictions are. I can always use some more!