7.30.2010

Lampshade: The Results!

Thank you, thank you for your advice on the lampshade! Remember this? Cute, but I wondered if it needed something.

People gave me all kinds of suggestions, and in the end, I combined these two photos. I decided to do a black embellishment on the lampshade itself, but not a bee.

And I liked the idea of doing a letter for our last name, like this lamp:

So I printed out a big G on my computer. (The font was called Gessele Regular, if you want to use it.)
I traced the G onto the lampshade using graphite paper. It didn't come through super-well, but I was able to see it enough. Then I used a black fabric marker to fill it in (got mine at Michael's):
And here it is! You all know I must like you, because I am showing you the lamp as it sits in my basement "lamp graveyard." My husband still needs to rewire it before this little lady gets to be displayed in my living room!

But still, I am thrilled with the results. Thanks again, and have a great weekend!


8 comments:

The Starr Family said...

Oh Carrie, that is adorable! Love the G, adds so much character!

Unknown said...

That is gorgeous! What a change a letter can make!

Jboo said...

Wow -- fabulous -- just as I expected!! Looks great! Hope you have a fun weekend.

Janet

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I'm a sucker for a monogram - absolutely love this!

Sarah said...

I like the result! I have a burlap lamp shade that I think I might do a little something on too. Thanks for the idea :)

Happiness Is... said...

Good call! That looks great! And I am super impressed by the fast turnaround :)

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

the lampshade looks awesome - love the font!

asnipofgoodness said...

I adore your lamp!