5.26.2010

I Got Fakies!

Fake plants, that is. Why, what did you think I meant? :)

After showing you my summer flowers a few days ago, it occurred to me that some of you may be--like me--gardening deficient. So I thought I would show you how I get a lot of green into my home, with minimal risk.

I am a big proponent of having something green and "living" in every room. But in certain areas, they would either be hard to water, or perhaps not ideal for a living plant to flourish. So here's a smattering of how I mix up the two in my home.

Fake:

Real:
Fake:
Real:
Fake:
Real:
Fake:
Real:
Fake:
Real:
Perhaps some of these photos will give you ideas how to bring more "green" into your home, be it real or fake!


10 comments:

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Love your "Fakies"-
That is how I do it...because I am greenery challenged-but love some realistic looking greenery inside-

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

Well, your "fakies" look pretty darn fabulous to me! haha

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

They all look nice, fake or not. :) I have been meaning to add some greenery around my house. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Jboo said...

Your fakes look real -- which can be tricky! Love your touches! Definitely will be copying! :)

Janet

Desiree said...

I have to admit that my home is totally plant-less. It's sad to say but at least I have plants in my office at work. At least I know I'll have time water them there whereas I have too many other living things to take care of at home. I thought about doing fakes too so thanks for the inspiration!
-Desiree

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Fake . . . real . . . they all look so wonderful! A girl can always use a little "help", right? :o)
Thanks for the inspiration.

Elisabeth said...

Your fake ones look realistic, and are some of those real ones in urns and things boxwood? I really like them! I also wanted to ask you- do you know the name of your bedroom color? I really like it!

Unknown said...

You've got some beautiful fakes there, where did you find those? I have such a hard time finding realistic looking artificial plants. If only I could keep actual plants alive, this wouldn't be an issue! :)

Connie said...

Yes...I just had to come see what you were talking about. :) Love all your green!

I have ALL Fakies! ANd I love them...they look good all the time although I was thinking the other day that a couple of mine need to be replaced.

Connie

Laila @OnlyLaila said...

They look great! I've always struggled to find decent looking fake plants/flowers,thus I have none! But I'm inspired.