11.11.2009

I Love Me Some Vinyl Letters!

Baby Henry was born 91/2 months ago. I can barely believe it. But back when he was a newborn, my blogging friends The Twins (like how that is their official title?) Fran and Fern asked to send me a gift for him. How sweet are they? Of course it took me about 6 months to get a post office box, and then another 2 months to get my act together once I received the gift.

Finally, girls, I did something with this wonderful gift! They sent me some truly adorable vinyl letters and other fancies. They usually go on the wall, but because my walls are textured, I was worried about that. So I decided to do something else!

See my new "Little Cowboy" sign? That's a cheap-o pine board from Lowe's. I painted it cream, and then just stuck the letters on. Worked like a charm!

Afterwards, I used some wood stain (Dark Walnut from Minwax) and also gave it a bit of sanding along the edges. My husband drilled a few holes and added the rope.

They also sent me this sweet little pony. I didn't have another pine board, but I did have an old piece of scrap wood from another project. Gave it the same treatment as above, and I just love it!

Can you believe how nice people are in this little blog world? A HUGE thank you to The Twins for their sweet gift. And I can highly recommend their vinyl letters if you are in the market for something unique for your home. Check out their blog, Twice as Nice, if you're interested!


24 comments:

Alisa D. said...

That is so cute and so perfect for the room!

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

Very cute! It looks perfect in his room. :)

southerninspiration said...

Awwwww, how adorable!!!

Suzanne

Kelli said...

How sweet, but you totally deserve it. I love what they add to Henry's room.

Jen said...

The hobby horse is soooo cute! Love the effect on the old board. I think if I have another baby I'll do a cowboy theme. Only...I'm kinda hoping it is a girl so I can do a COWGIRL theme!

duchess said...

How cute is that? Sweet girls.

Tiffany said...

How awesome of the twins! Those are some neat vinyl letters! Love the look of them on wood! Great idea! My favorite is that pony on that old board! Just perfect.

Unknown said...

That's very cute! Well done!

Nancy

Free Art Printables said...

This is so adorable! It looks great there!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

They are darling - I love this blogging world!

Sue said...

Those two girls are schweeties... What you did with the vinyl looks adorable!
:-) Sue

Amanda said...

very cite, very thoughtful!

Lisa & Gerald said...

Awww too cute...

Twice as Nice said...

Carrie~
We love what you did with the vinyl. We panicked after we sent it and then saw your textured walls. We needn't have worried as you are so creative. Love how you made the horse and lettering into two sperate pieces. You're a decorating genius!! :O)

The Twins

Real Housewife of Broke County said...

So cute! I just love this room!!!

Courtney said...

I love the letter and pictures! They look perfect in his room.

Mandi Shandi said...

Cute CUte Cute! They look hand painted! I love little man's room.

Jboo said...

So cute -- how perfect for your little cowboy!

Janet

Sunny said...

Very cute! I have textured walls too and wondered how it would come out to try vinyls on them. Like your idea better. :)

Anonymous said...

Isn't vinyl fun!!! A friend of mine has her own lettering business and she makes some of the neatest things.

The sign is just too cute and one of those things that can be put away when he's older and handed down to the next generation of little ones. But don't worry, they grow fast but you have a long road to go! :)

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

So cute. I love it!

Tasha said...

Those are fabulous! What a perfect touch to his room. This world of blogging really is great :)

Unknown said...

I love vinyl letters. They are so cool! And that sign looks GREAT : )

rebecca said...

I always love coming here. You are such a wealth of inspiration!