9.13.2014

My Little White Picket Fence

 Hello all!

I've been meaning to pop in and share one of our recent projects with you...three kids are keeping me pretty busy but I finally found an hour to sit down at my computer!

So, you may remember that two years ago we moved into our house.  Here it was in 2012:


Last spring, we gave it a pretty big face lift by painting the brick and changing out the shutters and door.  You can read more about that transformation here.


We've made some changes to the landscaping, too, and replaced all those tiny rocks for plain black mulch.


But this summer!  Oh, this summer we totally indulged my love of cottages and country houses by adding a little white picket fence!  Just two panels of fencing with some very basic posts.  It serves absolutely no practical purpose.  But it looks so cute!


I just adore how it completes the front of the house.


This shot just makes me smile because it looks so cozy!  And you can my favorite plants, the "Little Lime" hydrangea bushes (which have really taken off and can handle full sun, if you're in love with them like I am but are afraid they'll wilt in the heat. Check into them!)  Frankie our dog likes them too.


The fence only cost around $200 from a local fence company who custom built it to our specifications (unpainted wood, and we did the install ourselves).  I love how much it adds to the house, though, for a pretty small price tag.  I'm already plotting what other decorations I can hang on it for the different seasons!  :)


I hope you are all doing well.  Thank you so much for stopping by!  :)


6 comments:

Mama Sue said...

It looks awesome! Great job. Miss hearing from you regularly!

Stacey said...

Carrie, you had such great vision for that house! The paint and the picket fence have transformed it.

Valerie Cottage Making Mommy said...


Carrie,

I love the fence and your house is looking great.

So happy to see you are posting.

Hugs from Oklahoma,

Valerie
Cottage Making Mommy
www.lovingmyheartandhome.blogspot.com

Tara {The Silver Lining} said...

I haven't stopped by your blog in so long, even though it was one of the very first blogs I got hooked on. I am so happy to see that things are going so well for you and your family. Congrats on the new little addition to your family!! Your house looks beautiful. It does look like a cozy cottage - well done!

jade said...

We went with a simple white subway tile with white grout on the walls and a hexagon marble tile with platinum grout on the floor. I think the floor is my favorite thing the room, especially since we put in-floor heat. Such a luxury! cedar fence installation

Michael Davis said...

Are you looking for the best place for Fence Company Nashville
Click on the link